Monday, May 5, 2014

My first MAC brush

After watching over and over again, the tutorials on YT, I decided to buy myself a brush: a MAC one, to achieve better looks and to start practicing with it. Before I used brushes (as anyone else out there I think) I used the sponge tip applicator that came with the eye shadow quads.

So, I went there and ask for the 239, to apply packing the eyeshadow in all the eyelid. The description in MAC website is:

"Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibres. It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules."


I still have mine, maybe after 6 years.


Does it works? 
Yes it does the job. I like to apply highly pigmented eye shadows as well as loose pigment with one side of the brush parallel to the lid. We can even blend a bit the crease with the tip of it, and apply more color in the lower lid. It helps the color pop and prevents too much fall out. It also works well with cream eye shadows. 

How much it cost? 
In the website, is listed in $30USD. The price can vary depending on were you live. 

Are the similar brushes to this? 
Yes, a lot of brands, different prices: E.l.f., Beauté Basics, Realtechniques, etc... They work very similar and some are even bigger

In the picture below, from top to bottom: 
MAC 239
Beauté Basics 
Borghese
elf eyeshadow "C" Brush




Do you'll repurchase it? 
Maybe, maybe not. As said before, I have it for a long time, it does the job and I have this other brushes that are cheaper and also, some are part of a whole set. 

Swatches:
Using a MAC eyeshadow, below are the swatches and you can see the four brushes work perfectly fine and the pay off is similar. 



You decide what you want. This is my personal opinion and I bought all the products chosen. Hope this helps. 

*Photos are mine taken with Iphone5 and No Filter. 

XOXO
KekitaG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice review!